Went for his dietician review today.
Weight percentile maintained. But height almost dropped off from 10 percentile to the 5th
Age: 17 months 19 days.
Something cute to note down of Isaiah.
When I was talking to the dietician, Isaiah will chime in with his babbles and go "ya, ya".
He is affirming what I am saying about him and his dietary habits. Too cute.
The dieitician also cannot tahan, say he is so chatty and sweet today.
Before I forget, I shall jot down what the dieitician has recommended this session to boost his calorie intake.
To recap what we have been doing for the past 1 year:
1) Oil/fat of 1 tsp for every meal. This is in the form of coconut oil, lard, avocado oil etc
2) Tree nut products: Every morning he has his oats with 1 scoop isomil powder for 0-12 months kids and 1 tsp almond hazelnut chocolate butter (read: pure ingredient Nutella)
3) Frying/sautéing his meat with butter or ghee.
What he has refuse now is
❌ avocado and banana 🍌
❌ soy yogurt
❌ mince lamb
Since develop fish allergy, all fish is out.
1) To introduce calorie dense desserts 🍨 after every main meal
She suggested rice pudding like the western style rice milk pudding. Replace milk with soy milk.
In my mind I have the version of mango sticky rice (Cc:@ChrysanthemumTea have to eat your husband already haha.)
Also we could do the Philippine dessert of coconut rice pudding. I've asked my helper to make this.
I also was thinking of giving him his milk Challenge pancake with lots and lots of maple syrup.
Anyone got any other suggestions? Has to be egg and milk free dessert.
2) To add nut flour into his meals
It's abit similar like adding ikan bilis powder. But since he is allergic to fish, so this shall be the alternative.
Nut flour adds extra protein and calories without the extra bulk in his meals.
But, we've kinda tried it before. He doesn't really like the taste of almond flour.
I guess this round have to persevere to see if there is increase in weight.
3) Introduce other Tree Nuts
Well, to be honest this is really not to increase weight but to test him out on other nuts to see if he develops a reaction to it.
1) macadamia nuts
2) pine nuts
Note to husband to challenge him with these 2 nuts.
Peanuts are a total ban for him.
And we don't have cashew and pistachio in our house because korkor is highly allergic to them.
Thanks everyone for your great suggestions! Gonna list them down here so I don't forget!
1) coconut and gula Melaka agar agar/jelly
2) soyabean curd and gula Melaka syrup
3) almond flour/nut flour coated chicken nuggets
4) chicken skin treats
5) ornee made with pork lard
6) nut flour juices/smoothies